Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Dragon Boat Festivities!

I took a trip to the east coast of Taiwan for my four day holiday. I travelled to Taidong to meet up with my old roommate, Rebecca. Here's Rebecca and her roommate, Faith enjoying "pao pao bing"--mango milk ice--Yummy!

Oh joy of joys

Beth joined us later in the afternoon and we had dinnner at Pasadena's, a cool Southwestern style restaurant

The next day we headed to the beach. To our amazement Faith and Rebecca got right to work survivor style building a shelter. Beth and I thought we might have to stay the night on the beach!

Playing in the tide pools

Hanging out with Jesus on the beach

"I wish they all could be California girls"--or Taidong girls

At night we went up the hill to this cool place where you sit in a hut and eat a whole chicken with your hands--plastic gloves provided. We also had an amazing view of the lightening storms in Taidong

Ready to dig in

1 comment:

Susan said...

How fun! Eating a whole chicken with bare hands seems rather Survivor-ish, too. However, the plastic gloves are NOT too wild. Looks like a fun trip.