Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm pretty ashamed that this is my first blog of the year!

I did it! I finished grad school and student teaching! (Well, except for my thesis project...) I can't believe it. I never could have done it without the loving support of God, my husband, my family, my professors and cohort members, and my friends, so it really was a group effort. Thanks everybody! Here's a photo of my cohort on our last day of class.


So the big question now is: WHAT NEXT? I know, it's on everybody's minds. Well, I'm not exactly sure. I need some major guidance from the Holy Spirit, but will accept your friendly input as well, should you choose to provide some. I have a few options:

1. Finish my thesis as soon as possible, spend a few months in CA, then get back to Taiwan.

2. Visit Taiwan this summer, then stay in CA for another year.

3. (The newest and most surprising option) Get a teaching job at a private Christian school associated with the Chinese Christian Church in Chinatown and stay in IL for another year. (Thel church that meets at Morisson in Kaohsiung is connected to this church.)

We also would like to start a family soon, but are waiting on God's timing and provision for this. It seems very complicated from our point of view, but at least from God's perspective it is not. No matter which option we choose, (or it could be another option not listed here), I am excited for what lies ahead, and praying that God will use my hard work in Trinity Grad School for the building of His kingdom in some way. Amen! Lead us, God!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you blog. What beautiful pictures! Since you asked for comments/suggestions on the what next.....here goes.....
definitely finish your thesis. that is something that only gets harder the further away from school that you get. I personally want you to move back to CA. However, I felt the most excitement for you when I read your choice about the private Christian school. (that is in IL?)
Your trusting in God's guidance, offering your service to His will is the best thing you can do. Sometimes He gives several options and it is my continued effort that keeps me walking in the direction that leads my heart.
love you,
Jody

Unknown said...

make that love your blog, but I love you blog too :)